Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Watch out for cows


Cows are a powerful animal. Yes...cows, the 4-legged animals we so often eat, aka beef.  They subliminally infiltrate our minds via Skinny Cow ice cream commercials and urge us to snack on them through McDonald's Angus beef snack wrap ads.  Today, for lunch, I had a craving for some cow carcass.  I toyed with the ideas of swinging by Wendy's, Portillo's or McDonald's for my fill.  A cheesy burger with a side of papas fritas sounded so enchanting, so easy to consume. Then I thought about all the hard work I'd put into the gym yesterday...the miles I ran on the treadmill and the weights I lifted.  I also thought about the Pussycat Dolls Workout DVD I did this morning before work and something in me said "No, Cyn.  How will eating part of a dead cow help you lose weight?".  And like a message from God, a Jamba Juice appeared to my left and I swung into the left turn bay to get my Jamba on.  Well, I was already in the left lane, so it wasn't as dramatic as I'm making it sound but I ended up getting a Mango Smoothie and a Chicken Curry Wrap instead of my burger and fries.  Nutritional values: 630 calories, 7gs fat, 19g protein. 


Who needs cow on a Tuesday, anyways?

No comments:

Post a Comment