Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Think like Charlie Sheen, lose weight

I'm a huge fan of positive thinking.   Daily, I see the power of having a positive perspective. Positive thinking is part of why I got my first job, it's why I've lost weight in the past, why I'm going to meet my fitness goals in the future and why Charlie Sheen feels the only thing he's addicted to right now is winning.



Weight perspective - What's in five pounds?
5 lbs of fat (left) vs. 5 lbs of muscles (right)
Over the last few years I've gained weight.  However, this gives the opportunity to lose weight, learn about my body and push forward.   And in true Charlie Sheen-like thinking, as I make progress toward my goals, I find any contribution to those goals as positive.  A 5-min walk?   I'm on my way to slimming down!  25 crunches?  Getting so close.  Running a mile?  I'm pretty much on my way to running a marathon.  ;)


Here's what David Leonhardt, creator of The Happy Guy says about perspective...


What do happiness and success have in common?

Both are a matter of perspective. This point is well expressed in an
article I once read in "The Toastmaster" magazine. A teenager sat next
to Albert Einstein at a public gathering. The teenager asked Einstein
what he did for a living. He replied that he studied physics. The
astonished teenager said, "At your age! I finished physics two years
ago!"



Think about what you do for a living, for hobbies, for your family,
etc.  How do you describe what you do? More important, how does your own
description about it make you feel? If your description does not sound
like you are a success, maybe it is time to find a new description.

No comments:

Post a Comment