Thursday, September 1, 2011

Men want a Size 10!


Good news ladies - men don't want skinny twigs of women! Their preference is a Size 10.  According to a study shared today on Chicago's Eric & Kathy Radio Show which involved 2,000 men, a man's ideal woman has raven hair, blue eyes and is a Size 10.

Phew!  Sigh of relief to all us ladies who will never be that skinny mini Size 2 or 4...or zero.

I don't think most men have a clue what women's sizes actually are --- but apparently the study did not ask men their preference by saying, "Here’s a size 4.  Here’s a size 12. Who looks better?"  Instead, men were shown several photos and asked which they preferred.

Size 10!

Christina Hendricks
What does a Size 10 look like?  Size 10 is probably like 36-year old Christina Hendricks from Mad Men.  A radio listener pointed her out as a close enough Size 10 example.  She looks fab by the way!   So...if men want a Size 10, then why do so many heterosexual women strive for a Size 6 and below?  Must be that our main mission is to get skinny to impress our peers --- other ladies or to impress ourselves. I guess us women have come a long way since the Mad Men era of existing to merely please men.  Of course size is not a 100% indicator of true health/attractiveness.   It depends on the person's frame (small, medium, large), height (short, medium, tall) or personal preference.


Personally, my "happy" size was the size I maintained most of college, a Size 6.  That's when I felt my absolute best.  Not too skinny, not too fat, just right.  I didn't maintain that size to lure in the opposite sex, but to feel better about myself.  To feel my best.  And even with the 50 pounds I'm fixing to lose now, I never plan to go lower than a Size 6.  If I did, I would be too skins and bones looking.  Surely I'd look like a Star Jones version (post-weight loss) bobble head of myself.  Gross.


Of course right now, with my 50 pounds to lose, it's real easy for me to get on my high horse and proclaim, "I, who am currently a Size 14, vow to NEVA dip below a Size 6".  It's very easy for me to say considering my body is not apt to dip below a Size 6.   Losing 50 pounds will put back at my Size 6 but my healthy weigh range means wearing anything between a Size 6 and Size 10.  And I guess if that range doesn't work for me,  I could always try Sears*.


Yes, I referenced Mean Girls.


Anyways, great morning radio show topic.  Also discussed: things men notice about women first.  The Top 8 (listed in reverse order --- so #1 is really #8):

  1. Eyes
  2. What's fake (artificial)  -- i.e. fake lashes, hair, boobs, etc.
  3. Glowing skin -- hooray for bronzer and tans!
  4. Hip to waist ratio
  5. Pitch of voice -- Higher the better
  6. Size of her "group".  This perfect size is 3.
  7. A genuine smile.
  8. Thickness of hair



No comments:

Post a Comment