Monday, September 12, 2011

How much does that extra bite cost you?

September already.  Wowzer.  Summer is over and my summer weight loss attempts = maintain.  I'll take it.  Maintaining is better than gaining, although obviously my aim was to lose.  No sense crying over spilled milk - time to get back on that horse, and with the half-marathon a month and a half away I have some work to do!

I've been busy counting my calories most days on MyFitnessPal.com, not feeling too bad when I go over my daily allotted calories (1,590/day) needed to lose my unwanted pounds.  But how much do those extra 100 cals in the form of coffee creamer, afternoon carb snack, etc. actually add up to?

A LOT over time.  Even 100 extra calories eaten a day, means 700 extra calories week = almost a pound of gained weight/month.

Years ago a friend shared a YouTube video (it's overly dramatic, but it gets the point across) about how eating a little more each day can be a detriment to one trying to lose weight.  Here it is, and here is why when most go over daily calorie budget, even just a little, they don't lose.  Even if it's just a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment