Thursday, May 26, 2011

I gave into a chocolate-covered carb

My workout/eating habits seem to get worse with colder temperatures which explains why I succumbed to a chocolate-covered cinnamon bun today at work and traded my 7-min walking commute to the train for a one-stop ride on the El.  The nicer weather WAS making me eat better/stay active, and then the temperature dropped to 46 degrees.  And it's a week before June i.e. summer!   To keep doing my workouts, I need sunshine, not cold rain with a light mist.

Cyn vs. the Cinnamon bun:  It was love at first sight.  I saw it. I wanted it.  It was free. It was easy.  I ate it.  It wasn't even that good and was a second-hand treat leftover from another department's lunchtime meeting. It was presented to me through the ultimate test: a co-worker literally handed it to me.  I didn't refuse.  Eating the chocolate-covered 7-11 quality bun was a one time splurge on my weight loss journey and next time (hopefully) I will choose to walk away from it, after I take a quick peek, or only eat half.  Or at least hold my hands behind my back the next time a co-worker offers free junk food.

In terms of weight loss, it has been a Lovely May.   Overall I've lowered my carb and sweets intake (ignore today's falling off the horse) and  I'm down 4.5 pounds from the beginning of May.  I attribute this to somewhat nicer weather earlier in month, and a trip to Denver where my diet consisted mostly of seafood and veggies, and I walked a lot considering I could've chosen not to walk at all.

The weather is looking up for the next week - 70s and 80s.  Bring it.

No comments:

Post a Comment