Thursday, May 19, 2011

Denver - The city of Seafood

Since I re-committed to eating better and exercising more consistently I've lost 3.2 pounds!  It was a slow start but as the Chicago weather brightens, so does my progress.  On a recent business trip to Denver, I stuck with my exercise goals and maintained my weight while there.  This is SUPER since normally domestic travel adds 3+ pound gain.

Over the 4-day trip I walked for a combined total of about 60 minutes and a completed a 2.52-mile run, all without stepping foot in a gym. I'm not sure how well I stayed within my 1,416 calories/day range considering I ate out 95% of my meals. Even though I didn't count a single calorie, I made relatively good food choices (not including Denver’s amazing brewery beverages). I avoided fast food, went to bed earlier than I do at home and also managed to fit a lot of activities in – Wynkoop Brewery twice, a Rockies game and a concert featuring The Cars.

After a run through downtown Denver.  Huffed and puffed through 2.52 mils.


Denver trip = lots of seafood and coffee = I want to return!  In 4 days I consumed clam, shrimp, crab, octopus, lobster and muscles. I think that’s a personal seafood record.



Day one

Dinner
Shared shrimp fajitas, chips and queso
Day two

Breakfast
Seafood Eggs: My friend made a protein rich breakfast – A blend of eggs, feta, shrimp, imitation crab, Spinach and Sriracha hot chili sauce

Snacks
Pastry, Fruit, Guacamole and Chips, Tea, Coffee, Water

Lunch
Jimmy John’s Pepe Sandwich (ham, cheese, tomato, mayo, lettuce, avocado, sprouts) with BBQ Chips

Dinner
Shared Calamari appetizer, Sausage Plate appetizer and ordered a Lobster Tacos appetizer for my meal

Day three

Breakfast
Shared huevos rancheros and Sweet Potato Pancakes. Side of coffee. <-- Best meal of the trip, courtesy of Snooze, an AM eatery.

Lunch
Snacked on a pastry, Yogurt covered pretzels, tea, coffee, water

Dinner
Shared Spanish Paella (muscles, shrimp and sausage yumminess), Grilled shrimp, bread

Day four
Breakfast
½ Huevos Rancheros breakfast wrap, grande Soy White Chocolate Mocha

Lunch
½ Huevos Rahceros breakfast wrap, ½ grande soy caramel macchiato (Starbuck’s messed up my order and gave me a free drink!)

Dinner
Shared shrimp sushi. Meal was Clam Chowder soup with a Caesar Salad.

Snack
Pastry, Frozen yogurt with chocolate chips, water

.: 
Dear Denver, 

I'll be back!

~Cyn
:.

2 comments:

  1. I just started exercising again today....I am scared but excited to get strong again! Way to go Cyn!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on getting back into exercise, Commercial Mommy. You have a great blog. Thanks for the feedback!

    ReplyDelete